Cell Therapy Primer
Cell Therapy Primer offers a comprehensive introduction to cell therapy development, manufacturing, and commercialization. This class delves into the scientific benefits and challenges of autologous and allogeneic cell therapies. Cell Therapy Primer focuses especially on Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs), their proven approach to treating blood cancer, and their potential applications in solid tumors and beyond. The course also introduces stem cell therapies and applications in regenerative medicine. Enroll now to gain an understanding of the groundbreaking potential of cell therapy!
Provides an overview of the first cell therapies and compares two types of cells commercially available today for cell therapy development.
Learn the immune system’s role and how cancer evades it. We end the section by explaining how Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) are used in cell therapy to detect and destroy malignant cells.
CAR-T was first developed by Israeli immunologists Zelig Eshhar and Gideon Gross between 1989-1993. In section three, we discuss the commercial landscape of CAR-T.
Explore the next-generation derivatives of CAR-T cells and investigate exciting new cell line frontiers.
- Identify stem cell therapies and list their applications in regenerative medicine.
- Explain the general mechanism of action for Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs).
- Evaluate the commercial viability of CAR-T cell therapy to predict its real-world impact to transform medicine.
- Explore ongoing innovations and potential use of CARs with cell types other than T-cells for solid tumors.
- Paraphrase the steps used in manufacturing CAR-T for use in patients.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch or enroll now