biopharma business acumen PRIMER
Biopharma Business Acumen Primer provides a comprehensive understanding of the business considerations needed to develop and bring a life-saving cure to the marketplace. It begins with an exploration of the financing vehicles and sources required to develop a cure. The class then examines the intricacies of intellectual property management, followed by a focus on lifecycle management strategies for medicines so sponsors can wring out the maximum value of each asset. Biopharma Business Acumen ends by breaking down the complex world of U.S. drug pricing. This course provides the knowledge necessary to navigate the challenges and opportunities in the healthcare field. Enroll today and contribute to the vital mission of bringing cures to those in need!
Lists the basic financing vehicles used in the biopharma industry, describes when in the drug development process each of the vehicles may be utilized, and describes what investors and companies give and receive in each financing scenario.
Compares and contrasts patents and exclusivity, explains the criteria used by the USPTO to determine if a claim is worthy of a patent, and lists and explains the key patent concepts.
Compares and contrasts a supplemental new drug application and an abbreviated new drug application, discusses the parts of a biopharma drug’s life cycle revenue curve from approval to off patent /exclusivity, and lists and explains the various strategies used by biopharma to extend a drug’s life cycle.
Discusses the factors involved in drug pricing in the US, lists US drug price influencers, and describes ways to strategically price a drug product.
- Identify and describe the basic financing vehicles used in the biopharma industry and explain when they are most appropriate to use in a company’s life cycle.
- Analyze key patent concepts to assess the value of a claim.
- Distinguish between a supplemental new drug application and an abbreviated new drug application.
- Outline and discuss the different methods employed by biopharmaceutical companies to prolong the life cycle of a drug.
- Discuss strategies for pricing a drug in a strategic manner.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch or enroll now