1. How many people can you train at once? What is the minimum number? What is the maximum number?
Our ideal number of participants is 25. There is no minimum participant number. The maximum participant number is 30.
2. Who attends your training?
We tend to have a diverse audience both in experience, education and job description. Therefore we assume no one has extensive knowledge of the science nor the development/regulatory process. We have C-level executives to manufacturing shift-workers; new to the industry to those who have been in the life sciences for many years all in the same class. This mix of backgrounds tends to work best as everyone has something to contribute and learn.
3. Do you send out training materials prior to the class or do we get them when we arrive at the class?
No materials are sent to participants prior to the class. Upon arrival to the class all materials will be passed out to each individual.
4. Do we have to do pre-work prior to the class?
No pre-work is assigned.
5. What sorts of training materials do you provide?
We provide a customized spiral workbook specific to each class. The workbook includes all presented slides and each slide’s “Take Home Points” so you can focus on and retain the most important information. All labs, activities and case studies are included in the workbook. Participants work in pairs to complete all labs and activities. Some workbooks will include a glossary of biotech terms and other will include a list of commonly used acronyms.
6. Do you provide refreshments and snacks? Breakfast and lunch?
BioTech Primer does not provide any refreshments or meals for onsite training. Many times the company will provide some sort of drink and food for the participants.
7. Can you hold the training at our company facility?
We come to you! Save time and money by having us travel to your facility instead of your employees travel to us.
8. What sort of room set-up is required for your training?
We prefer the room to be set-up classroom style with all tables and chairs facing forward towards the screen. A table along the side of the room for lab and activity set-up. Electrical outlets. AV needs include: screen, white board or flip chart with markers, and LCD projector (we can bring our own projector if need be). A nice to have is a lapel mic if the room is large.
9. Who are your instructors? What is their background?
Our instructors are dynamic, industry experienced subject matter experts. In fact this is what sets us apart from other training organizations- our instructors! Anyone can “learn the presentation”- but our instructors can handle your most difficult questions. Anyone can stand and read off the slides – but our instructors are engaging and edu-tain you with their own personal war stories. Each of our instructors has extensive industry experience, which is vastly different from those who have only taught or done research in a university.
10. Do I get a certificate for attending?
Each participant gets a certificate of attendance.
11. Do you provide credit hours?
Receive Credentialing Maintenance Credits from American Biological Safety Association (ABSA) with any of our biosafety trainings.
12. Do you provide training internationally?
We provide training worldwide. We have provided training throughout Europe, Canada, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and India.
13. Do you provide training in other languages besides English?
Currently we have instructors fluent in French, Mandarin, Japanese. If there is another language you are interested in let us know as we have a wide network of experts who we can draw from.
14. I need training for topics not listed on your website. Do you have additional training topics?
We have many topics not currently listed, give us a call and let’s discuss your training needs.
15. Do you provide customized training?
85% of our training is customized. We have an extensive library that we are always adding to.
16. Do you provide discounts if more than one of the training session is needed?
We provide discounts for companies who repeat the same training for 3 or more classes within the calendar year (Jan 1-Dec 31).
17. Do you offer half-day training?
18. Do you offer training longer than 3-days?
19. How far in advance do I need to book the training?
We prefer to have a minimum of 8 weeks advanced notice.
20. What is the cost of the onsite customized training?
Training for up to 25 people in the US is between $8500-$10000 per day. Pricing depends on subject, location, number of participants and amount of customization needed.
21. Why should I choose BioTech Primer for our training?
Our instructors. Our materials. Our customer service. Our attention to your training goals.
22. Do you offer other services besides training?
We have provided additional services including:
- Developed materials for a biotech sales team to explain the mode of action for their new therapeutic.
- Development of customized webinars for internal company needs.
- Briefed newly elected representatives on the basics of the life sciences industry.
- Developed material for company outreach initiatives, including online science resource libraries, brochures, booklets, community labs for high school students, and presentation for employees to give to local community organizations.
- Developed and delivered a day-long science programs for company “Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day”.
- Developed and delivered science presentations at annual company meetings.
- Consulted on museum exhibit, including exhibit design, exhibit content and teacher/student exhibit guides.
- Wrote “Basics of Biotech Pocket Guide” for client to distribute at 2004 National Republican Convention.