The Biology of Biotech for the Non-Scientist
March 6-7, 2024 | 9:00am-3:30pm PST
188 East Blaine Street, Suite 150, Seattle, WA 98102
$1395 USD LSWA Members
$1595 USD LSWA Non-Members
Kevin Curran, PhD
BioBasics 101: The Biology of Biotech for the Non-Scientist
BioBasics 101: The Biology of Biotech for the Non-Scientist offers a fascinating exploration
of the fundamental scientific principles that underpin the life sciences. It delves into the crucial roles of the FDA, NIH, academia, and drug sponsors and how they interact to promote scientific breakthroughs. It thoroughly explains the biological foundation of cells, DNA, RNA, and proteins,uncovering their applications in biopharmaceuticals. Building on this foundational knowledge, BioBasics 101 details the genetic basis of diseases, highlighting the devastation of mutations and the impact of genomics and proteomics on personalized medicine. This course culminates in genetic engineering and biomanufacturing, where all the essential biology principles learned are applied. Get ready to revolutionize your understanding of the life science industry in this interactive course―register today!
- Master the essential terminology of the life science industry
- Identify the crucial roles of the FDA, NIH, academia, and research support companies and state how they work together to promote scientific breakthroughs
- Describe DNA, RNA, and protein structure and function and explain how these molecules interact in healthy and diseased tissue
- Discuss the genetic basis of diseases and the impact of genomics and proteomics on personalized medicine
- Explain the principles of genetic engineering and how this technology is used for research and biomanufacturing purposes.
Entry Protocol: None
Parking: Free onsite
Dress: Please plan on dressing in layers as we cannot control the temperature in the room.
What to bring to class: Log into your Biotech Primer dashboard to download or print the electronic workbook as you will need access to this for course activities. You may want to bring a pen and paper to take notes. Please ensure your laptop is fully charged.
Early Bird LSWA Members Until February 15, 2024
- $1295.00 USD
Early Bird LSWA Non-Members Until February 15, 2024
- $1495.00 USD
- $1395.00 USD
- $1595.00 USD